Today’s post is dedicated to the Fraunhofer IZM’s blog’s first anniversary. Exactly one year ago, the first article was published on RealIZM. The RealIZM platform is designed to promote a global flow of information and to raise the profile of the scientific ambitions and organizations of the international scientific community. The uniqueness of the concept enables readers not only to get access to research, application-oriented issues, and information about disruptive technologies, but also to discover content about international collaborations between leading experts and visionaries from around the world. This article is about the role of blogs in the digitalization of marketing and the progress made by RealIZM.
Digitalization of marketing
Many digital strategies are little more than the application of new technologies to existing marketing activities. But to gain a competitive edge in the rapidly changing world of today, it is not enough to continue doing what has always been done and what everyone else does. It is necessary to come up with something new: Doing what no one else can do. The digital world provides many opportunities for future R&D.
- The internet and new media give us an invaluable opportunity to show the human side of the business. A platform like RealIZM gives scientists the opportunity to capture people’s attention for their achievements in the digital space.
- Despite the very mature nature of our information space, the internet allows everyone to join in, share unique content, and add their own voice without e.g. having to get published in specialized magazines.
- Since Fraunhofer IZM is an opinion leader in microelectronics, its commitment to disseminating knowledge in the community means far more than just sharing information – it means educating the public in a way that goes beyond the limits of conventional non-academic media, where readers bring in their own knowledge and understanding of the content.
- A forum like RealIZM is an great tool for inspiring customer loyalty and attracting new stakeholders by sharing knowledge and – in a way – setting scientific standards.
- With the disruptive potential of new media, our authors are able to maintain a flexible relationship with their readers, respond immediately to their needs and interests, and offer fast solutions to technological problems.
Why RealIZM makes us proud…
Like most other blogs, RealIZM looks just like a regular web page. What might look like a static, lifeless page, is anything but: For each article, there are active readers and contributors generating data, clicks, likes, and comments to add their spark to our content. We are very proud of that community, as evidenced by a few facts that we want to share with you:
- RealIZM has graced the screens of 6,000 readers from around the world.
To date, 27 articles have been published on the blog, each focusing on a completely different technical topic. With such unique contents, we have reached 6,000 readers from 53 countries.
- RealIZM – is a platform for self-expression for 30 dedicated scientists.
Our blog is the place where our researchers and our guest authors come to share their thoughts, ideas, and predictions. In its first year, we managed to publish unique content and feedback from more than 30 active contributors.
- RealIZM – is a DFG-recognized marketing project for the promotion of research marketing in Germany. The German Research Foundation (DFG) selected Fraunhofer IZM in its competition for new ideas in international research marketing, awarding its research prize funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Five most popular posts
Five posts captivated our readers most of the many articles to choose from on our blog. If you have not read them yet, follow the link below to the 5 most popular posts on our blog:
- WILL CHIPLETS REVIVE MOORE´S LAW? by Dr Michael Töpper. What is a chiplet? What makes chiplets so unique? And what do they have to do with Moore’s Law? Those are only a few questions that are answered in this article.
- THE GLASSY FUTURE OF CIRCUIT BOARDS by Julian Schwietering. Despite its fragility, glass may in many ways be the future of electronics. The material has unique qualities that can be used to develop innovative chip designs. Our colleague has the answers about how, why, and when this will happen.
- HOW WEARABLES WILL AFFECT PROTECTION, FASHION, AND COMMUNICATION by Malte von Krshiwoblozki. We are living through a unique moment in history, as electronics have come to surround us everywhere: Smartphones, computers, down to the humble digital clock. Soon, they’ll get even closer than we might think – as we start wearing them in our clothes. You can read about these trends and projections in our article…
- WE COULD BE TREATING DIABETES, ASTHMA, AND PARKINSON´S TOMORROW by Dr Vasiliki Giagka and Erik Jung. We are not immune to the sometimes cruel laws of nature, and even in our advanced society, many people are suffering from afflictions like Parkinson’s or asthma. As humans, we have been trying to bend the rules to our benefit with new technological solutions. One such solution could be our institute’s research into electroceuticals. Learn how new technologies can improve the quality of life of patients everywhere!
- IS HETEROGENEOUS INTEGRATION A PANACEA FOR THE ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY? by Erik Jung. How can a single chip contain an entire functional system and still be significantly cheaper than conventional electronics? The answer to this question lies in heterogeneous integration.
Future of the blog
With our first year of blogging successfully under our belt, we feel inspired for new exploits in digital marketing. For the second year of RealIZM, we plan to:
- improve the blog‘s usability, to make your stay and experience of our blog more enjoyable and convenient,
- to share more research papers in order to give you more input to engage with,
- to grow and expand: Alongside the articles, RealIZM will launch the new video format “TechInsights” on Fraunhofer IZM’s very own YouTube channel. We hope to welcome you among our viewers. You can look forward to exciting stories with great cinematography and exclusive insights behind the scenes of Europe’s premier organization for applied research and development services.
We thank our readers and authors not only for their role in developing a new style of digital marketing, but also for their contributions to the future of microelectronics in Germany and around the world. We are excited about the opportunity to keep working with you with great passion for and confidence in our future!